Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ciao miei amici
Questa settimana passata era molto buona.

Working on my Italian, "This past week was very good." And I practice because it turns out that I'm not that good at it :-). I only say this because this morning when I went to pray in front of the congregation in Florence a line in Italian came out, which they were happy about, (I think), maybe even a little impressed, (now I'm just flattering myself) and then. . . English, line after line. All from the heart, but an English speaking heart. An English speaking heart that knows a little Italian, wants to know more, but man, oh man the "non-Italian" flows; ma sto imparando, ("but I'm learning."
This past week, from Tuesday through Sunday, there has been Church of Christ convention, in which many of the missionaries from around Italy came down, (or up to, really whatever direction, they came), to Firenze/Florence for. It was awesome; although I was surrounded by Italian, a language a still don't quite have an ear for, I would say that I was surrounded by even more love. It was a beautiful thing, and gave everybody on my little teamie squad here in Prato some of the encouragement that we need from time to time. So much fun. We just did lots of singing (for the most part in Italian), and had some classes, which side note: It was so, soooo awesome because this lady Toina, (I think that's how her name is spelt), took detailed notes as the teacher would talk and pass them to me along the way to keep me updated (not the word I'm looking for but eh) on what was being said and so I wasn't bored out of my mind; so considerate. And I also know that I wanted to be in the class because, although I definitely don't comprehend all that is said, I do know that a persons presence can mean a lot and go a long way. It's the small things in life that make a difference I suppose. . . . Well, that and the big ones. Whatever. :-) Lifes good. Oh, right , so singing, classes, um?, food. Food. Food. Yum. Before going to the convention I was told that the food was the best part, not because of the awesomeness of the grub but the chilling with people, the fellowship, I dug it. During this week, which was compared to camp. . . . multiple times. . . . by other people. . . . like people that aren't me.. . . . . .so other not me people, said those things. . . . . . things of it being like camp. . . that's all. Weird. Strano. It really doesn't matter that other people said it. Eh, moving on, we made some awesome connections and already having some traveling ahead of us being planned so that we may have an excuse to come together and love on GOD and each other agian together. There is going to be an mens convention in October, another thing that I don't remember (must not be important, right?? haha, funny ha. . .) and this thing called C.I.E. (pronounced chia)which means something. Vague and to the point that's me. Well feel like I'm talking too much, so I'm going to end here, but know good things are in the works, good things that are in groove with His purpose. Continue to pray always, and thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment